Do you have experience with accounting or bookkeeping? Then The Welcome to America Project needs your help! We’re looking for someone to organize, prepare, and assist in tracking donations/expenses. Additional duties include filing taxes, recordkeeping, and balancing and checking various accounts using standard bookkeeping methods. Follow-up and follow-through is a key. Applicant must be reliable and detail oriented.
- Enters transactions/register entries into QuickBooks.
- Reconciles monthly bank statements.
- Prepares monthly financial reports.
- Prepares the yearly 990 documentation.
- Additional duties may include: preparing statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports.
- 2 years prior accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Experience with QuickBooks for Nonprofits is useful.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting is desirable.
This is a volunteer position with no financial compensation. Estimated time commitment is 10 flexible hours per month.
For more information, please contact Megan O’Connor.