The Welcome to America Project (WTAP) is a nonprofit organization that creates community connections and builds bridges of neighborly understanding by providing furniture, basic necessities, education, and additional resources to newly arriving refugees. We offer a simple welcoming gesture, but it is one that lasts a lifetime.
Schedule: Full time with some evenings and weekends required
Location: WTAP Warehouse and home office
Reports to: Board President
Travel: Some regional travel required (25%)
The Welcome to America Project is looking for a passionate, dynamic, visionary leader to take the organization to the next level. The Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for The Welcome to America Project’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to WTAP’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, nonprofit, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree a plus
- At least 3-5 years of leadership and management experience; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth;
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong communications and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative; ability to work in lean environment
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, WordPress, QuickBooks, Salesforce, Constant Contact, e-mail/Internet.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Leadership & Management:
- Provide strategic leadership and actively engage and energize WTAP board members, committees, partnering organizations, volunteers, staff, and funders around vision and
- Recruit, lead, coach, develop, and retain WTAP staff and skilled volunteers and oversee the operations to ensure the successful execution of WTAP’s mission.
- Ensure that WTAP conforms to current laws and regulations and operates according to best practices for charitable organizations.
- Ensure the financial health of the organization by managing to a budget, developing and implementing sound financial practices, and supporting board’s financial oversight responsibilities
Fundraising & Communications:
- Oversee communications strategies and activities to external and internal stakeholders and represent the organization and the mission to community stakeholders
- Grow local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion. Development efforts include fundraising planning and implementation, identifying and cultivating individual and major gifts, executing annual event, and seeking corporate and foundation support through grant and volunteer activities.
Program & Expansion:
- Work with the board and steering committee on a regional expansion model and strategic planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
- Oversee the execution of expansion model by building partnerships in new markets and establishing relationships with funders and community leaders
- Support programs as needed in order to ensure consistent delivery of high quality services
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Executive Director application.